Pages

Thursday, April 2

News Letter of Adventures ~ Durham Region Photographer

What's new this spring with Amber Black Creative?

I am excited to share with the world that I am about to embark on an exciting new journey this fall. I am still pinching myself to see if I am dreaming. Before I begin to share my news, a little background to what stirred this on. Bare with me while I digress ;).

After my second daughter was born I was so inspired by the nurses at the hospital that I felt a calling to go back to school and study nursing and hopefully work in the Maternity  / Newborn ward. That dream started to inflate a little each day as I tended to my 2 year old and newborn daughter's needs. Between sleep deprivation and the cost of schooling and time involved it just did not seem practical and when I looked into their sweet faces, I couldn't dream of leaving them for longer then a couple of hours at a time. The further I got from that stage in my life the more thankful I am that I did not pursue that dream. Although I do miss the idea of being surrounded by such precious new miracles every day, I was also faced with the reality that I seem to absorb other peoples strong emotions and upsets as my own very easily and that would have been part and parcel with that line of work. Empathy is a trait I possess a lot of, sometimes too much for my own well being at times. I want to take a moment to give praise and thanks to all the nurses out there. You mean so much to your patients and were amazing with me and my family whenever we have needed you.

Over the years of photographing and working with families I really enjoy getting to know a lot of my clients. Some of them have held such an impression on me that they have opened me up to new ideas I wouldn't have considered had I not met them. I am very greatful!  Thank you! I am sure you all know who you are :).

So about my new adventure that I can hardly wait to begin. I am going through yoga training to become a yoga instructor! I know right?! This is something completely different then anything I have pursued in life and the seed only recently got planted by my husband of all people. I have been practicing yoga for the past 4 years and fell in love with how I feel after each session both in mind, body and spirit. I hope to pass this knowledge on through instructing and hopefully healing others in the same way I feel yoga has worked for me. I am a much calmer, relaxed and optimistic person then I was before being introduced to yoga. It has also helped open me up to a whole other amazing world of healthy eating and lifestyle changes that I hope to embrace for years to come. The classes are great to work around my schedule as they are spread apart to allow for work and family demands. Wish me luck for the months to come! I may have to start another blog to dedicate towards my upcoming adventures ;). I will keep you all informed.

Spring is here and outdoor photo sessions are about to begin. I am booking now for spring and summer sessions! 

If you are interested in booking a newborn session, make sure to book in advance to ensure I can fit you into my schedule within the first two week time period to capture your new bundle of joy in all his or her newborn glory. If you have any question please feel free to contact me.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Designed by Rita of CoffeeShop